Friday, May 11, 2012

A Good FB Post

You never know how popular you are until you place a good post on Facebook. What is my amazing post, you ask? Well, I dropped the bomb about our moving back to WI. We received a pretty positive response, although a few here are mourning our move. And really, this is part of my new effort to embrace the move and see the positive side of it.

I am now viewing this change as my ticket to re-write my life. What do I want to do with life? How do I want to spend my free time? Who do I want to hang out with? To be brutally honest, I currently have few friends and little interests besides work and school. I have no hobbies, unless you include my compulsive loom knitting effort to use up all my current yarn collection before we move. I have some people I like but no one I speak to or hang out with more than a couple times each month.

I am still in the process of contemplating who I want to become in my "new" life in WI. I am looking for work, which could determine a lot of my path. I would really like to score some writing jobs from home, but I don't feel very qualified to do so. Part of my interest is to be writing in general, which is partially why I am writing this post right now. I figure, the more I practice and get used to writing on a regular basis, the more likely I am to feel confident with my writing abilities and get scooped up for some freelance writing telecommuting.

While I have been feeling a little weary about how long I have left in school until I can actually use my degree, I do feel like God is giving me some direction as to what area in counseling I would like to pursue. I am developing a heart for crisis pregnancies, especially with teen mothers. There's a program through a school in Kenosha that serves teen moms, helping them through their pregnancy and teaching them how to be good mothers while helping them finishing their high school diplomas. I am really hoping that I can do my internship with them and possibly start a job with them in the future.

As for the rest of what to expect, I don't know yet. I am open to possibilities. I would like to get involved with music and hope to start learning more on my bass from Gordon. If I could work with the band at GLC, that would be great. I'd also like to get plugged into a small group right away so we can develop some Christian friendships with other couples.

As far a health matters, we're going to have a pool and a gym at our disposal when we move, so that seems like a given. I am currently on a "Slow-Carb Diet" on my own and seem to be doing well. I would love to be down to my goal weight before we leave CO. We'll see. I plan to continue eating better when we move. We're not taking much food with us, if any, so I will be starting with a clean slate with groceries. That should be kind of fun, if not a little expensive right off the bat.

We can't forget that we will be closer than we've been in years to family and old friends, so that alone should keep us busy, at least initially. Really, it will be a good thing to reconnect like that, and it is a primary goal in our moving that we be closer to family to be more available. How that all plays out, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment