Friday, April 15, 2011

Priorities

The one good thing I can say about all these events in my life is that I am learning to prioritize or re-prioritize what is important for right now. So here are some changes that I am implementing, and I must say, I am excited about what is coming:

1. I am not taking classes this summer. I went back and forth on this, especially since the terms in the summer actually cross for two weeks. Four classes for two weeks?!? I don't think so! I would just be asking for it, especially since it falls over my vacation time. (Consequently, if I am off and we don't go back to the Midwest, I would have the time to handle the extra work.)

2. I am only taking one class at a time starting the fall. I have had to remind myself that I am not trying to get this done ASAP. I have a 3-year-old. I need to be able to focus on other things besides schoolwork, and that has become difficult this term, given the heavy work load for my current classes. I can keep taking classes, as long as they don't overwhelm my schedule so much that I have to push everything else aside.

3. I have a desire to write more and have determined to post 3x/week this summer. I also intend to "go public" this summer with my blog. Scared? Yes. Excited? Yes!

4. I intend to take a CLEP for my English requirements this summer. I believe that I can pass no problem, and it would take care of those credits so I don't have to pay for the course or use up my time on it.

5. I would also like to complete some of my work-in-progress writing projects, including my e-book and my 1st children's book in a series Bob and I would like to put together.

6. Once I am recovered (which should be about the time I get out of school), I would like to start taking an aerobics class. My intention is to eventually start teaching them again. I have come to realize that I miss them so much. They are my passion for workouts, and I would like to incorporate them into my life again. I find so much joy and accomplishment in the choreography and exertion!

7. I would like to try soccer with Obie. There is a children's soccer group here in town that offers a trial week so you and your child can check things out. Then, it's pretty economical to get them playing 1x/wk and includes their uniform (shirt). All I want to do is TRY it. If it's a no-go, fine! I just want to try it out. He is much more physical than the older kids were, and I want him to have the opportunity to give it a go.

8. Last but certainly not least, I want to use the slower summer days to really spend more time in the Word. I recognize more and more not only the importance of a deeper relationship with God but also the value and freedom that come from living closely with Him! I have already started making daily efforts, even with my busy schedule, but would like to do even more this summer. Walking in the Spirit and falling deeper in love with God means that each day is sweeter and that each struggle is diminished in the light of God's plan for me. THAT is worth prioritizing, above everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment