Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Pain in the Butt

Literally. A pain in the butt.  To be more exact, a pain in my butt!  An intense and sharp yet dull and throbbing pain, it is.  And it seems like it will last forever!

Now, I know it won't.  That is absurd, especially when I had the surgery to relieve my discomfort.  It's just that it has made so little improvement in the last 6 days.

And you wouldn't imagine (unless you have experienced this yourself) how difficult it is to get things done when you can't sit for more than 10 minutes at a time.  Things like...a computer desk job. *sigh*

Ok, enough complaining from me.  I need to look at the bright side.  Where to start...

I drove today, a whole 3 miles round trip!  I went to the grocery store near our house. That was good.

I have been working since Tuesday, increasing my shift by 1/2 hour each day. Would you believe that I worked a full 4 hours today--yay!

I have had three days of restricted caloric decisions.  (In the interest of full disclosure, I DID eat ice cream today, but it was a controlled amount.)  I still feel good about it.  I am motivated to continue.  I am planning to wear my old clothes this summer!

It's not easy.  It's downright hard sometimes.  It feels like it will never end.  It's a royal pain in the butt--

But this too shall end!

No comments:

Post a Comment