Sunday, October 3, 2010

Freedom

So I guess that writing really does provide healing and recovery, just like the program recommends. Imagine that! :P

So I guess that writing about the last 4 months helped me to find some acceptance in my involvement with OA. It's not that I am not grateful for the program--but I have been self-conscious about what others would think or say, so I have been pretty selective as to whom I have shared with.

Well, today I told my OA story to someone new. It was fluid; it was amazing. To share with a friend who knew nothing about what's going in my life for literally years was so freeing. It helped me to recognize that I should not be ashamed of what God is doing in my life through OA. I still don't have plans to post it on my Facebook status.

I have learned two things, though. One, writing really does help. I will commit to keeping up on this in the future! Two, sharing with others our story can fuel healing and hope. I will go forth from here, sensitive to God's leading, looking forward to additional opportunities to further my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment