Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Halfway There

Day 5, 8:10 pm

Finishing up today represents the halfway point for me.  Has it been easy?  No.  Was it harder than the other days?  No.  Mentally, my daughter's cooked ham smelled amazing at lunchtime, and the pasta dinner I made my family looked so delicious.  But it is just food, and I can certainly have some another time.

I think the most depression came from my weigh-in, and the lack of progress.  I weighed the same as yesterday, which was 2 # up from the day before.  *sigh*  This is not easy, and for what I am sacrificing, I would expect to see more results. 

I have purchased more water, supposedly the "right" kind.  I also went out today and purchased a bunch of limes.  They should be enough to get me through to the end.  I also bought a quart of vegetable broth for the Ease-out.  I will run out of syrup by Day 8, but I am thinking of getting a small bottle of Agave Nectar instead of more syrup.  (One of the websites I visited said that this was a suitable substitution for diabetics.  Plus, it's way cheaper!)

I really do want to do this right and get the best results I can.  I am reading up each day to try to get things right.  I am praying for God's power to help me overcome.  I am reading my Bible in the morning to help me stay focused on God.  I just really want to see it make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment