Monday, May 23, 2011

Staying the Course

Day 4, 7:37 pm

So today has gone pretty well overall.  After catching up with a friend I haven't seen in months, I was feeling very encouraged.  I also discovered that I have been cold because of a lowered metabolism.  That's a little scary to think about, but I believe it will go back to normal when I start eating regularly again.  While this whole thing still seems a little daunting--and the days feel longer than ever--I do think I can successfully make it the 10 days.  In some ways, I feel like I could go on past that, but I think that is my vanity getting a hold of me.  After the ten days, I will Ease-out, which is basically another 3 days of restricted eating.

I also faced a stressful situation this afternoon, which I'd rather not go into at this point.  Suffice to say, I realized, in the midst of it, that I wasn't thinking about what type of food to indulge in, what food would make me feel better!  THAT was a great feeling.

Is it easy?  No.  Do I think I can make it?  Yes.  Yes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment