Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A New Way

Day 6, 8:50 pm

I woke up at 6 am this morning.  I got up, went to the bathroom, and weighted myself.  To my disappointment, I weighed the same as the last three days, or really four days.  When I am consuming less than 1000 calories/day, is that even possible?  Who knows?  I have certainly followed the program.

Well, anyway...I decided to focus on God and not sweat the number, despite my dismay.  I read my chapter in the Bible and a chapter in Made To Crave.  Of course, the main point of the chapter was this: don't get caught up on the numbers.  Hmmm...

Later, I was reading through the daily devos that get sent to my e-mail.  The first one talked about the story in the gospels where the disciples, who had been fishing all night and had caught nothing, were told by Jesus to throw the net to the other side of the boat--to try something new.  Hmmm...

The next one I read talked about valuing the small things in life.  It wasn't just accepting little things in life; it was embracing it and being ecstatic about it.  Hmmm...

I have been praying and thinking on and off throughout the day, and I have decided to finish my cleanse tonight.  I will have to do the Ease-out so I don't get sick.  I have just decided to start on orange juice tomorrow and to move to smoothies and broth.  I don't feel like a quitter; I just don't see the value of continuing like this.  I believe that those little messages from this morning were God's quiet voice telling me, Amy, you need to be happy with the small success I have given you, but now it's time to try something new.  It's time to move on to a normal eating pattern with healthy choices.

So that  is where I am headed, a healthy way of life.  I want to make good choices on food and control my portion sizes, hopefully with the help of a smaller stomach and a clean slate on the cravings.  I want to set a good example for my family and provide healthy, tasteful options as the norm.  This is my true reset.  This is my new beginning.

P.S. After voicing some preconceived ideas to a caring friend, I decided to follow her advice and get over the expectation to wear a smaller size clothing on vacation, just for the approval of others.  Thanks, Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment