Saturday, May 28, 2011

How to Deal with the Munchies

So it's 10:30 at night, and we're watching TV, chilling out.  My husband is eating a big bowl of taco salad left over from dinner. (BTW--it was delicious!)  There's a family size bag of tortilla chips left over from dinner sitting on the table. And my stomach is growling!  How do I overcome the temptation?

Well, here's the thing about doing something as crazy as the Master Cleanse.  I have set quite a precedent for myself.  You see, every time I am hungry now, I can simply remind myself, Girl, you felt empty like this for 6 days straight.  You can handle a little hunger for the evening.

I am telling you, I am laughing at myself while Bob finishes the bowl of taco salad.  I simply went and brushed my teeth instead.  Admitting out loud my craving, along with my realization that I have faced a much harder struggle than this, I have taken the air out of the proverbial balloon.  I brushed my teeth with Cinnamint toothpaste and am sipping my water.

Don't get me wrong, I am not taking all of the credit.  I have been praying, reading my Bible, and seeking encouragement from friends.  Support makes a big difference.  I am NOT alone!  But God does equip us, and I appreciate the experience I have had because of the perspective it is currently giving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment